Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Air in abs, I recently installed a new master cylinder, 2007

Customer Question

Air in abs
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: I recently installed a new master cylinder
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2007 Xterra
JA: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I need to know if the solenoid have To be Up or down in the ABS to perform a bleed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am using a Autel MaxiScan Tool to activate the ABS Solenoid Valves,just need to know if they have to be Up or down to bleed system
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 28 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Does your tool not show an option for ABS bleed where as it cycles the valves on its own to purge the air from the ABS so that air can then be bleed out at the wheels?

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It can cycle the abs motor and solenoids,it can keep each 1 up or down. If it is possible to help me with this it would be greatly appreciated. I have a Motive Pressure Bleeder so I don't need anyone pumping the pedal. Can I bleed the ABS with the solenoids up or down?

The solenoids need to be cycled opened and closed while bleeding to purge the air out. There are 12 valves inside the ABS and 2 reservoirs. When the solenoids are cycled back and forth the valves are opened and closed to push the air past the ABS.

Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 24 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris