Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid. Ever since I had the 12

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Hybrid. Ever since I had the 12 volt battery 3 years ago the amber key icon located in the instrument panel has been on. This is not the key fob battery low warning as I have seen that pop up a few times and replacing that battery solved that issue. The 12 volt battery was not replaced by the dealer. The car runs fine, but I'd like to get this icon to turn off. Any ideas?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Can you take a picture of the warning light you are getting for me and share it so I can see?

Let me know..

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jay, The photo you requested is attached.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the image.

I have two things we can try to clear that light. First is to disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins, then connect it. Then see if the light is still on. The next is to change the remote batteries and see if the light goes out.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out