Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

When the 2005 quest has been sitting the alarm will arm

Customer Question

when the 2005 quest has been sitting the alarm will arm itself lock the doors and roll the windows down'
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: it has been happening for about 2 weeks we no longer have the remote to arm / disarm alarm so i pulled the horn fuse as not to piss off my neighbors
JA: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ont know what to fix other than buying a new remote and thus far all ive done is remove fuse for horn
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I will do my best to try to help you with this. But I need to ask some questions and may ask to do some tests so we can try to isolate the issue so we can resolve it.

First thing I would like to know is if when the alarm is going off, what lights are flashing? Are the Parking lights flashing or are the Head lights flashing?

Let me know?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
just headlights
Expert:  Jay replied 23 days ago.

Thank you. That is the factory alarm. There are steps we would need to take to help isolate what is causing the factory alarm to go off. When will you be available to go through this?

The factory alarm is not something you can disable. For the alarm to go off the way it is, it means it is seeing something is open or a door adjustment is off.

When you lock the van with the key, the factory alarm security light should turn solid for 10 to 20 seconds then it will start to blink. Most commonly it's a hood switch or a bad door switch. So all doors, hatch and hood switches and adjustments need to be checked.