Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I was not sure if my last question went through. If I

Customer Question

I was not sure if my last question went through. If I replace the fuse tot the steering lock device but do not remount the device would this lead to the key indicator reappearing and I will be stuck tapping the device again hoping it works? I ask this as I need time to locate a used device. I like the lights and horn feature when I lock or unlock my car and sometimes use this to find my car.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 24 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What do you mean, not mount the steering lock control unit? Did you see my other response?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I can't replace it right now.A dealer device is $700 and I am looking for a used one. In the interim I have the malfunctioning one still connected by the wires which I can simply remove the wire clip. The scenario would be the device is completely removed from the car and th are fuse is put back in place to avoid being lost or damaged. Or leave it the way I have it now where the fuse is removed, the device is not screwed in under the steering column and the car is able to turn on and off with no apparent issues. I am trying to figure out a solid work around until the device can be replaced.
Expert:  Jay replied 24 days ago.

So then maybe see if you can find a used one and just get that one to work. You have to keep it plugged into complete the circuit.

You can try this if you like. Maybe this will work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FoJx9pGh4U