Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I too replaced The oem Bose radio with an after market. The

Customer Question

I too replaced The oem Bose radio with an after market. The dash lights do not work If I leave them un-connected. I get 12 volts on both of them when the light switch is on. I get dash lights wok if I hook one of them to 12 volts but they do not dim and do not turn off. If I hook the other to 12 volts it makes the lights on warning bell.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes, I pulled and ohmed every fuse that I could find.. The lights work when one of the wires is hooked to 12 volts. If I hook the one that gives the warning bell to ground and turn on the lights it blows the tail light fuse. If I hook the other to ground and turn on the lights it blows the audio fuse, I think. I am getting tired of trying to figure this out.
JA: What is the model of your '12 Nissan?
Customer: Sorry, it is 2000 Maxima.
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes Pearl, I don't farm out too much work. If I can do it I will.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought that I was connected
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 29 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you installed a after market radio, you need to cap of the two illumination wires that would go to the radio. After Market radio's have their own illumination, so you don't need them. If you connect them in any way, it will knock out the dash lights. So the Red wire with the Yellow stripe and the Red wire with the White stripe, you just need to cap off.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!