Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2004 Nissan 350 Z. Just bought 2 months ago from a

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan 350 Z. Just bought 2 months ago from a dealer. It had 92,000miles and is a 6 speed. It has been perfect until yesterday. I started to drive it and the engine died for an instant and then caught again. When it did three warning lights came on. One for check engine, one said the traction control system was off and the other said slip. I let the car sit for a few hours and started it again. THis time only the check engine light was on, but after driving for about 10 miles the same event happened. Today I started it again, did not drive it, but only check engine light was on. I checked all fluids and they are good. Oil is new.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: The lights stay on, no blinking. The car is more difficult when the lights are on.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: It is a 2004 Nissan 350Z
JA: Are you fixing your 350Z yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO fixing. Just checked fluids including oil, checked for loose wires and blown fuses. Found the traction control switch and pushed it, nothing happens.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I purchased it the oil had been changed so it is new, brakes had been replaced as well as new tires. Engine is clean, car is in great shape.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 30 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

1- Can you tell me what the warning lights were ?

2= Did you have it scanned with Nissan scanner or equivalent and retrieve fault codes , if have them post back here for me if possible , i can help you further

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No to all of the above. What is this about me owing you another 19 dollars. I was under the impression that the fee was 5 dollars. I still have no answer and you have my credit card number. I should have known not to give you that info.
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
No, I do not want a phone call. I feel that I have already been taken for 19 dollars and now you want 26 more. This is not a useful vehicle. It's just a way to take my money. Do not charge anything else to my credit card. I am now shutting down.

i don't do the billing , you can email customer care for that or i can send it to you .

nobody charged you anything yet

so i guess you were looking for a answer for $5

I will opt out question ,I can not help you there

good luck to you

Expert:  Jake replied 30 days ago.

For what it's worth, you have a faulty cam sensor.

They way the site works is you have a $5 refundable deposit (this is generally a promotional offer of some sort) Once you post your question there are additional services offered like phone calls that cost extra money IF you wan't to accept those services. Lastly, once you have worked with a professional to resolve your issue and they have provided a proper answer THEN you are charged the questions full value if the service was helpfull. In most cases that is around $18 or so, but customer service could verify those answers for you.

Just thought I would help, I don't work for justanswer I am just an expert that logs in like you do, but I answer questions instead of ask them.

Good lick with your repairs.