peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Second opinion] - dont start some time, yes, nissan altaman

Customer Question

Second opinion] - dont start some time
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: nissan altaman stick shk
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: 1995
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: start sometime
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 25 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have power to all electronics but the starter itself is not engaging intermittently this can be a fault with the starter itself intermittently not engaging due to an internal mechanical or electrical fault in it needing replaced.I have run into this before with it needing replaced.I would have the starter tested to be sure this is the cause here.If this is or was checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete