Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Service engine soon light on again a year ago spent 2000

Customer Question

Service engine soon light on again a year ago spent 2000 dollars to fix now it's on again don't know what to do I am a single mom with not a lot of money
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Nissan mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: What is the cost
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Nissan mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: No thanks I don't have that right now thanks for your help
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No I do not all I know is the service engine soon light is on again and it's not the gas cap
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2001 Nissan Xterra
JA: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet light came on again this morning don't have thousands of dollars to get this fixed again need to know why this keeps happening
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this cost cause I am moneyless right now
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: Ok don't have the five right now so thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 4 months ago.

hi

do you have a auto zone in your area

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is an auto zone near me

ok take the car there ask them to can for codes come back with the codes i tell you what to do

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok can't do that right now but will when I get a chance can you tell me anything this is the third time in s year this has come on I spent 2000 dollars last year when this light came on in scared that will happen again I don't have that kind of money

there are many sensors in the car and any one of them can be causing the light to come on for any different reason i really can tell you anything with out the code , it could be a 2o sensor coolant temp sensor , air temp sensor , tps sensor , ex there is no way to tell.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I will go as soon as I can I have two daughters can't just run out right this min. My car does seem to have a hard time excelerating sometimes but thank you will let you know what I find out.

ok