mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a 2006 Quest A/C issue, the act will work for 1min or

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Quest A/C issue, the act will work for 1min or so the the compressor will shut off. Already had all fluids checked and have no leaks. It's a electric issue also replaced the IMPD with ac relay, now I'm stuck and not sure what is causing the compressor to shut down after it's warm
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 30 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • This Sunday I will be online later than normal due to travelling.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you for responding Chris, I will be available tomorrow afternoon at 3:00. Looking forward to talking with you and finding a solution to this issue.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 29 days ago.

Thanks,

I am going to leave you know with some information to get started on then so we can move forward tomorrow when you and I are available.

Do you have auto or manual climate control?

Your compressor clutch relay is controlled by modules. Do you have the ability to see if codes are stored in any modules?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
It manual I can adjust the temp my self.
It is controlled by modules the IPDM has the relays built into it. I bought a used one to see if there would be any change but there was none it still only runs 1min or so after engine has cooled off. And I don't have the ability to see any codes if they are in the van computer

Without the ability to diagnose with a scan tool. I will not be able to provide an accurate answer. I will opt out and let another try.

Expert:  mike switzer replied 29 days ago.

have you had the a/c system checked to ensure it is charged properly?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
i have and all is good with that,
Expert:  mike switzer replied 28 days ago.

it sounds like your high pressure switch is sticking and going bad causing the clutch to kick off on the compressor and should be replaced.