Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I bought a 2015 rogue in dec 15. I've had it in shop almost

Customer Question

I bought a 2015 rogue in dec 15. I've had it in shop almost more than I've driven. During test drive I noticed a Sqeeky noise from front end. Sales person said it was the shocks being so new. Well they've replaced one since and any bit of a bump driving over and the car sounds like it's a bucket of bolts and going to fall apart. It also recently had started hardly going after stopping (almost got hit from behind), and will sometimes drive like it's in neutral when I'm just trying to go
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It also seems like whatever is going on in the front end is causing my tires to ball. Only 30,000 miles on it
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. the noise in the front end could be alot of things. without being there to listen, feel, see the vehicle, it could be the sway bar end links, but Im not going to guess. take it to a different shop, apparently the mechanics you took it to dont know how to diagnose noises. as far the acceleration issue, do you have a check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No light ever

have the transmission control module interrogated for faults.

do you still need assistance? were you able to have the tcm scanned?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not yet. This has been going on for a bit and I work nights so I'll have to take it in when I'm off

ok. well please keep me posted. thank you.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

i apologize the previous expert wasn't very helpful.

I am Jake and will be happy to help.

If the tires are wearing too quickly and the pressures in the tires are correct, then that may help diagnose it actually. If the alignment is off then the technician can see which component is causing it. Additionally these cars had known issues with occasional popping and squeaking around turns that was a result of the coil springs, but replacing the springs and strut mounts correct that issue. Another thing to note is that it's not entirely uncommon to have a loose hood latch causing all kinds of squeaking.

The loss of power on acceleration is a serious concern because it's an early sign of CVT failure. Which I would have addressed immediately while under warranty since they almost always have unfavorable outcomes. It's certainly unfortunate that your having all these issues because these cars in general are pretty reliable and cost effective to drive. The engines seem to run forever with virtually no issues.