Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Have 2011 versa. had following codes show up today: p1612,

Customer Question

have 2011 versa. had following codes show up today: p1612, u1001, u0140 & u0101. car still cranking and running okay, wife says feels little hesitation when driving (but goodyear says needs fuel filter/line clean which hopefully will take care of that). so trying to figure out what codes mean (goodyear system read out codes but couldn't tell what they meant)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: that's all the information i got from them was that their diagnostic machine showed those 4 codes as present and that I should take it to the Nissan dealer. have not tried fooling with car, just started trying to research what codes mean
JA: What is the model of your '11 Versa?
Customer: sorry had to go look 1.6L L4
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no haven't tried anything and will probably rely on dealer. was mostly trying to self-educate to figure out what the potential problems were & severity, try to rule out BS from dealership
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just trying to get an idea of whether this is a $100 problem or a $1,000
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

hey there, first off goodyear must not be familiar with your Nissan Versa because it does not have a serviceable fuel filter and it's unlikely the lines need "cleaned"

Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

The biggest concern to me here is that these are all communication codes relating to the CAN system and one of them is directly related to the BCM (Body control module).

Will the car still start? that will tell me alot actually.