Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have 99 nissan quest and the ac compressor is on when i

Customer Question

I have 99 nissan quest and the ac compressor is on when i hAve ac off and frozzen the ac lines sistem
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 99 nissan quest
JA: Are you fixing your Quest yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I take to shop they say the problem is the ac control but i put an other one and is the same problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

hey there, thanks for the question.

It's not uncommon for the compressor to run after turning it OFF, if it was on DEFROST mode or if you had it ON when first starting the car.

Of course it is entirely uncommon for the lines to FREEZE up. This could be cause by a couple things. Your compressor clutch could be seized if there is no power to the compressor when its operating. Additionally there could be an issue with the low pressure hose (suction side). the line could be damaged pr restricted. There is a Thermal control amp at the evaporator that can fail and allow the compressor to overcycle and freeze the evaporator.

before you can get a good idea of whats going on you need to rule out a sticking or seized clutch. You then need to evacuate the system and make it hold a vacuum before attempting to recharge it.

Expert:  Jake replied 21 days ago.

If you need further assistance just ask, if not please be sure to leave a kind rating.

thanks.