Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Crank no start, Yes, and yes brand new battery, 2010

Customer Question

Crank no start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes, and yes brand new battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2010 Frontier
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. I replaced the battery and cleaned the terminals. I think it may be the immobilizer because it does not respond to scan tools and the security light on the dash does not go out when the key is in the on position.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

you will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle.
is it the module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Same condition. Crank no start

does your key fob works still ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

There is a TSB ( Technical Service Bulletin on this )

But I can not confirm it for you, unless you scan with Nissan scanner or equivalent and see if we are getting B2190 from TH BCM module plus the Warning lamp not going out .

Please review TSB Below and let me know

TSB Technical service Bulletin

2010 Nissan-Datsun Truck Frontier 4WD V6-4.0L (VQ40DE)

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Classification: EL13-004a Reference: NTB13-015a Date: January 15, 2015 INTELLIGENT KEY WARNING LAMP ON, WITH DTC B2190 The Title in this bulletin has been amended. Please discard previous versions. APPLIED VEHICLES: All Nissan equipped with a Key-Slot for an Intelligent Key SERVICE INFORMATION DTC B2190 (NATS ANTENNA AMP) can be stored for the following reasons: 1. Something other than an Intelligent Key is inserted into the Key-Slot. 2. An Intelligent Key issue. 3. A wiring issue between the Key-Slot and the BCM. 4. A Key-Slot issue. If DTC B2190 is stored due to 1 or 2 above, it will not erase, or go to "PAST", until a known good registered Intelligent Key is inserted into the Key-Slot. For DTC B2190 diagnosis; first perform the Service Manual DTC Confirmation Procedure. Service Manual DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE for DTC B2190 1. PERFORM DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 1 1. Insert Intelligent Key into the key slot. Make sure to use a known good registered Intelligent Key 2. Check "Self-diagnostic result" using CONSULT-III plus. Is DTC detected? YES >> Go to "Diagnosis Procedure" - in the Service Manual. NO >> GO TO 2. 2. PERFORM DTC CONFIRMATION PROCEDURE 2 1. Press the push-button ignition switch. 2. Check "Self-diagnostic result" using CONSULT-III plus. Is DTC detected? YES >> Go to "Diagnosis Procedure" - in the Service Manual. NO >> INSPECTION END

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My truck is not equipped with the intelligent key. I has a separate key and fob. The key however is chipped. I verified that this was not the issue when I attempted to start the truck with a known un-chipped key. The truck turned on, but did not crank. Only the correct chipped key causes the truck to crank. It still does not start and the security light does not go off.

at this time you will need it scanned and retrieve fault codes, because anything i tell you it will b e a guess, from the key ,to door switches to hood switches , security module etc.. with out a scan ,we will be guessing

not what you want to hear ,but there is no fuse or relay to deactivate this unfortunately