Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

My Blue Tooth is inconsistent in my car- about 75% of the

Customer Question

Good Morning! My Blue Tooth is inconsistent in my car- about 75% of the time, it is connected to the car, but when I pick up the phone, I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me, so I end up having to put the person on speaker on my cell phone instead of using the Bluetooth in the car. I have a 2016 Nissan Rogue. Is there any quick fix for this without going to the dealership?
JA: Does your device require a code?
Customer: To connect to my car?
JA: What is the model of your '75 Nissan?
Customer: It's a 2016 Nissan- Nissan Rogue
JA: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have connected and disconnected the phone multiple times; updated the IOS system on my phone (I have an Iphone 6). As I state, it does work on occasion and the issue is not if it's connected to my car or not, it's connected, there is just no sound coming thru my phone. The same thing has occurred to my husband in my car with his phone (an Iphone 6+).
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thank you...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

hey there, thanks for the question.

So the phone connects to the car normally. You can hear the person on the other end through YOUR speakers in teh car, but when your talking back through the car the person on the receiving end has trouble hearing you?

Does this sound about right? or are you indicating that it's like the phone is connected but you can't hear them nor can they hear you?

also when this happens is it plugged in the USB or not?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It happens when it's plugged in to the USB and when it's not plugged in and the person in the other end can't hear me and I can't hear them.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Make sure you disconnect ALL the devices before reconnecting your phone? Also be sure to reset your phone as well, turning it off and on or holding the home and lock buttons simultaneously.

Then re-pair it and see if it works. The issue is not the Mic or anything of that nature is NEITHER party can hear each other. The is an issue with the pairing of the phone and the bluetooth on the vehicle and it is almost always a glitch so you need to clear the cache essentially and start over.