Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I JUST BOUGTH A 2005 NISSAN TITAN IN A AUTION,DROVE HOME

Customer Question

I JUST BOUGTH A 2005 NISSAN TITAN IN A AUTION,DROVE HOME LIKE FOR 10 MIN . IT WAS OKAY , THEN I DROVE IT TO THE CAR WASH TO CLEAN IT , AND START SLIPPING UNTIL IT WONT MOVE FORWARD OR REVERSE , IW TURN OFF TRUCK WAIT FOR 5 OR 10 MIN, RUN A LITTLE MORE STOP AGAIN AN D TURN OFF TRUCK AGAIN AND WORK AGAIN FOR A 1MILLE AND AGAIN THE SAME ,,SEEMS LIKE WHEN IS COLD WORK AS SOON GETS WARM STOP WORKING....IDONT KNOW WHAT TO THINK.
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: SORRY I GOT DISCONECT
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THATS IT
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

That is normally a sign of transmission failure. What you will need to do to verify this is to have the truck taken to a transmission shop, so they can do a line pressure test on the truck cold and hot to see if the issue is a mechanical issue or electrical.

Do you have any more questions on this?