Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

How do i replace brake caliper on Nissan pathfinder

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year Pathfinder and which caliper are you looking to replace? Front or Rear?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2002 front
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

The way I replace those calipers is like this. I will pinch off the rubber line going to the caliper. I will then Crack loose the two 14 mm bolts. After cracked loose, remove the 12 mm bolt going to the caliper for the line. Once that bolt is removed, then I take the two 14 mm bolts out. Once you have them off, the caliper will come right off.

Then I install in reverse order. But before I unpinch the line, I have someone go in the truck. I crack the bleeder open, Then have them slowly apply pressure down on the brake pedal. Once they start applying pressure, I unpinch the line and the brake pedal will go all the way to the floor. Tell him to hold it. Close the bleeder, have him pump the pedal a few times, then apply pressure again, while applying pressure, crack the bleeder again and the pedal will go to the floor. DO NOT PUMP the pedal while the bleeder is open. Only press down. If you pump it will draw air in, you are trying to get air out.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do i need to compress the caliper to get shoes on. I went through initial steps. Put shoe on piston side but opposite side is befuddling me
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

When you replace the caliper, it will come with the caliper piston compressed so it should go right on the caliper cradle

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I'll look at it again. Thank you.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!