peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My central locking is not functioning by remote. I have

Customer Question

Hi, my central locking is not functioning by remote. I have changed the battery but still not working. works manually only when you use the buttons in the car. Also have challenges with
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 1999
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have gone to auto electricians and they propose I should get a new alarm system that will incorporate the central locking.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am also facing challenges with my key on opening the door and on starting the car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The issue with the remote if the remote was checked and battery replaced in it and found to be o.k. is usually due to an issue with the control unit/ecu that receives the lock and unlock signal.I have seen this ecu fail several times before in the past needing replaced.

As for the key it may be due to a worn key blade itself causing the no locking or unlocking manually and issues in the ignition.

I suspect the ecu for the central locking may need replaced as well as the key.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete