Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Has Nissan corrected the problem with the the undercarriage

Customer Question

Has Nissan corrected the problem with the the undercarriage bushings of the Versa that earlier models had?
JA: What year is your Versa?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Versa yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The mechanic who found the problem said it would cost $900. I really like the Versa and would consider getting a newer model if this problem has been corrected in later madels.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it. Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

There are currently no SSMs, TSBs, or FSA,s from Nissan on the newer models having bushing failure.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are" SSMs, TSBs, or FSA,s " ? Since I don't know what those stand for I do't know what your answer means.

Special service messages are files manufacturers release for common issue to prevent techs from searching and working through repair guides.

Technical service bulletins are files manufacturers release when many cars have the same concerns, which helps tech faster diagnose common concerns.

Field service advisories are recalls.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris