Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have 2003 nisan Murano, my question is I have a problem

Customer Question

Hi I have 2003 nisan Murano, my question is I have a problem with it when I drive it it stop, and I have turned off engine start again what is that problem.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes there is no any problem with a battery mechanics already cheked it
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I took it to the mechanics, and they could not find anything. Even some times after it stop the engine it dose not start. I have to open the hood and open the nuteral side of a battery any returned back then the engine start.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: how much it cost me?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I did not see a page, where is it?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that I told you is the problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

If the engine is cutting off while driving, then you likely have a faulty cam sensor. There are 2 cam sensors on this car, so if you do not have a lab scope or a code reader to see which sensor is causing the fault then you need to replace them both. I would advise you to use OEM nissan replacement sensors if at all possible in your location.

Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.

if you need further assistance let me know. If not be sure to leave a kind rating please.