Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

2004 Nissan murano will not start wife parked it yesterday

Customer Question

2004 Nissan murano will not start wife parked it yesterday today it will turn over but not start
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 7 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

The engine cranks strong though? or is it a weak crank?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
cranks strong she said car ran fine yesterday. She went to get in it this morning and it cranks just will not start could it be cam sensors i was reading that they had recalls on some models.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had other cars that have had fuel pumps go out but not like this if that is the problem i unbolted the fuel pressure module and turned the engine over no fuel cam out but i am not versed on nissans to no if there is some other sensor preventing this.
Expert:  Jake replied 7 months ago.

sorry, got kicked off site. Back on.

Expert:  Jake replied 7 months ago.

More common than not a crank no start condition is attributed to a bad cam sensor causing a no spark condition. Checking for spark and finding no spark is the easiest diagnostic route to take to verify that the cam sensor is likely responsible.

The only problem you will have without any fault codes or a lab scope is that there is 2 cam sensors (one for each bank) so you will need to replace them BOTH if you don't which one is the culprit.

Also, be sure to use OEM Nissan cam sensors. I can't stress this enough, they are worth the extra $15 each they will cost!

Expert:  Jake replied 7 months ago.

if you have further questions just ask and i will be happy to help.

if not just remember to leave a kind rating please.

Expert:  Jake replied 7 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know, if not just remember to leave a kind rating please.