Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

P1705 and u1000 codes on trans side when scanning for codes

Customer Question

p1705 and u1000 codes on trans side when scanning for codes cuts out when trying to go when rpms hit 2k power surges when u try and get on it its like rev limit issue
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: no p1705 and u1000
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 04 titan
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just pulled codes last night and found those and yes fixing myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The P1705 code is a throttle position sensor code which is part of the electronic throttle chamber. So this could be bad. How ever, when you have a U1000 code, that always need to be diagnosed first before doing any other codes. The reason is that when you have a U1000 code, that is a loss of communication to a major control unit. All control units talk to each other on what they call the CAN line. When one is not able to communicate you get a U1000 or U1001 code. So to determine what control unit is not communicating properly they do what they call a CAN communication test. This tests all communications to determine which control unit is not communicating so that control unit can be addressed.

That is what you will need to do to resolve your issues. Do you have any more questions on this?