Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2008 nissan altima 2.5se sedan. I have a code p0745

Customer Question

I have a 2008 nissan altima 2.5se sedan. I have a code p0745 pressure control solenoid. Ive noticed that the tranny sometimes seems to hesitate when accelerating in low rpm situations but not in high rpms. I also have heard a sound lately after running for a while that sounds kinda like a belt whining coming directly from the tranny under drivers side wheel well. My question is would a solenoid failing cause the symptoms or I've heard of some "dropping resistors" that should be checked as well but cant seem to find them in the engine compartment.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

How many miles are on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
174000
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Could the noise you hear be a hyd whining.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hyd?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ive heard simular sound from car with low tranny fluid before. have checked fluid and actually dropped pan and replaced 6 quarts of cvt about a week ago when light came on thinking solenoid might be clogged.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
kinda same sound a power steering pump makes sometimes when you turn wheel when standing still
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Like a hydraulic noise. Yes low fluid could make that noise. But if the fluid is full and the noise is still there. There is a problem with the fluid flow/pressure. The code you have P0745 deals with the pressure control solenoid. Yes P/S.

Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Here is a diag chart for the code P0745. Sounds like you have a solenoid bad.

Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Remember if you rate me we can still continue the discussion. Five star please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if I'm reading that right, after inspection if it ends up being the pressure control solenoid its says "replace transaxle assembly". Thats sound like the entire trans......Would replacing the solenoid not fix it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also the diagnostic chart makes no mention of dropping resistors, Do you know the location of these? I've seen this be a problem on many different nissan forums
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Sorry I opt out to soon.

I will opt out to see if another expert that has more experience in this problem can help you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok Thanks
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you are getting a whining noise and getting this code for the Pressure Control Solenoid A, This is normally due to a internal mechanical failure causing this. So the transmission would need to be replaced. These CVT transmissions are not rebuilt. They are replaced. I don't like dropping news like this, but this is what will be required.

Do you have any more questions on this?