Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Nissan Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Nissan Diagnostics
18617752

Changing fuel pump, No. Bought a new one. Wanted to ask can

Customer Question

Changing fuel pump
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: No. Bought a new one. Wanted to ask can I change it for the back seat or do I got to take the fuel tank off
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2002 xterra
JA: Are you fixing your Xterra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fixing myself. Nothing, I have guides but, trying to get the sending unit out the way.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Be right back...

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

To replace the fuel pump on this vehicle, no need to remove the tank. There is an access door under the rear seat. Release fuel pressure from fuel line. Disconnect battery ground cable. Remove back seat bottom. Remove inspection hole cover located under rear seat.

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

If you'd like any procedures for any of these items, please feel free to ask!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?