Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

MY CHECK ENGINE SOON LIGHT CAME ON IN AUGUST AND MY

Customer Question

mY CHECK ENGINE SOON LIGHT CAME ON IN AUGUST AND MY CATALYTIC CONVETER AND MANIFOLD WERE REPLACED. tHREE YEARS AGO I HAD LIGHT AND CAM WAS REPLACED. l
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: IS BACK ON AND i THINK ELECTRIC BECAUSE INTERIOR LIGHTS AND DOOR ALERT COME ON UNTIL I manually push button. It stays on..
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 Altima 2.5
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried gas cap but it may need replacement, i am taking to dealer for oil change but I wanted to research before appointment
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When tightening the gas cap should at one point it be tight enough not to move at all or should there be some play?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

If the check engine light is on there are codes stored in the engine controller. You would need to take it to AutoZone or some other parts store to have the codes checked. They do it for free. Then post them back here. Then I can lead you in the right direction.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already did that they are saying emissions, but I just had new catalytic converter and manifold put in during August, 2016. When I try my gas cap, If I turn it right there is still some play. Is this normal or should I turn it right and it should be not able to turn any more? My interior door alert comes on and I have to push the button manually to get the door ajar light to gout or other interior lights. I gave all this info to Pearl ealire.
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Sorry hit the wrong button. Did not mean to opt out.

Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

There will be a little play in the gas cap. I would not worry about that.

To help better serve you and give you accurate repair help we need to talk. Its not just one phone call. We can call back several times if needed till the problem is solved.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i would rather do it this way, i thought it was covered by fee to reply back and forth