Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I just replace the TB and Foot pedal on my nissian sentra

Customer Question

I just replace the TB and Foot pedal on my nissian sentra gxe, and I still lose pedal
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- check the electrical connector TB for backed out pins making poor connection

2- Have you got it scanned , what is the fault code

3- most of the time it will ECM wiring issue ,why did you replace tb and pedal ,were the used or new ?

what year is your sentra ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a 04 ,I replace the TB and Foot pedal because that what I thought I need

what were the fault codes if any ?

is there a check engine light on ?

The accelerator pedal position sensor is installed on the upper end of the accelerator pedal assembly. The sensor detects the accelerator position and sends a signal to the ECM. Accelerator pedal position sensor has two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the accelerator pedal position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the ECM. In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the accelerator pedal and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the accelerator pedal from these signals and controls the throttle control motor based on these signals. Idle position of the accelerator pedal is determined by the ECM receiving the signal from the accelerator pedal position sensor. The ECM uses this signal for the engine operation such as fuel cut.

© 2016 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13801)

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Did you perform this procedure after replacement

- It is better to count the time accurately with a clock. - It is impossible to switch the diagnostic mode when an accelerator pedal position sensor circuit has a malfunction. 1. Perform "Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning". 2. Perform "Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning". 3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature. 4. Check that all items listed under the topic "PREPARATION" (previously mentioned) are in good order. 5. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds. 6. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ON and wait 3 seconds. 7. Repeat the following procedure quickly five times within 5 seconds. a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal. b. Fully release the accelerator pedal. 8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the MIL stops blinking and turned ON. 9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the MIL turned ON. 10. Start engine and let it idle.

12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure that idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications. 13. If idle speed and ignition timing are not within the specification, the result will be incomplete. In this case, find the cause of the incident by referring to the Diagnostic Procedure below. DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE If idle air volume learning cannot be performed successfully, proceed as follows: 1. Check that throttle valve is fully closed. 2. Check PCV valve operation. 3. Check that downstream of throttle valve is free from air leakage. 4. When the above three items check out OK, engine component parts and their installation condition are questionable. Check and eliminate the cause of the incident. It is useful to perform "TROUBLE DIAGNOSIS - SPECIFICATION VALUE". 5. If any of the following conditions occur after the engine has started, eliminate the cause of the incident and perform Idle air volume learning all over again: - Engine stalls. - Erroneous idle.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician