sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I have a red blinking light on my car when it is off it

Customer Question

hi I have a red blinking light on my car when it is off it comes every 3 seconds it does not have a key sign in it
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: im outside my car and it is locked but still there is a red light with car symbol blinking on the dashboard
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2011 Nissan sentra
JA: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried anything i don't know what the problem is what could it mean
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: all the car has a service engine soon and a Oil Pressure Warning light on
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

That's just the security system light which flashes while the vehicle is parked with the security system active. That's not a problem and is normal operation.