Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have a nissan armada 2005 and my break light came on so I

Customer Question

I have a nissan armada 2005 and my break light came on so I went to auto zone and the man came and look at them and he said I need some front breaks so I just got done puting them on and I'm break light is still on. What do I do now
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 15 days ago.

hey there, thanks for the question.

Expert:  Jake replied 15 days ago.

The brake light can come if the brakes pads are worn down real low, but it's because the pistons in the calipers are extended further and drawing more fluid into the system. The light actually comes on because it detects brake fluid below the minimum, not because the the pad is worn.

so check your brake fluid level and make sure it looks good, if it does then your brake light is probably related to the ABS system and not really the brakes themselves. Probably a faulty wheel speed sensor which is the most common reason for a brake light on these vehicles.