sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Nissan titan 2006, sometimes it won't start, just either

Customer Question

Nissan titan 2006, sometimes it won't start, just either completely dead or a little ping noise at the starter, then I'll try again and works fine, tightened up all connections at the battery and it's seems fine now but red car with key symbol is flashing on dash when vehicle is off, never noticed that before and my front wheels seem like abs is malfunctioning sometimes..seemed like one side but today whole front end vibrated , have to pull over and come to complete stop and then it's fine
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Yes on battery couple years ago at most
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: That's it Just tightened
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david craig replied 16 days ago.

Hi Im David, as far as the red security light blinking when the vehicle is off, thats normal. as far as the abs is the abs light on? or are you felling a shudder when coming to a slow stop.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No light, has happened a couple times, after a U turn, vibrating in what seemed like one side or the other but today I was merging onto the highway and hit a bump and the front end started vibrating uncontrollably
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I pulled off Highway came to complete stop but even while stopping, slowing down to 2 MPh
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
It was vibrating
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Until I stopped
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Like I'm running over bumps even makes similar noise like I'm running over a lot of bumps

ok. have your tires rebalanced and checked for flat spots or waviness. that will help a little, but to solve most of the swaying/vibrating have the front shocks replaced. this is a common problem on these trucks.

Expert:  david craig replied 14 days ago.

checking in to see how its going

do you still need assistance?

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I'm uncertain whether the problem is actually related to the ABS system or if it's an actual shake or vibration you're feeling. The ABS pump can activate when it should not due to incorrect wheel speed sensor signals. Are you hearing/feeling the ABS pump buzzing or is it something more pronounced than that?

It is an intermittent problem?