peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Nissan titan 2006, sometimes it won't start, just either

Customer Question

Nissan titan 2006, sometimes it won't start, just either completely dead or a little ping noise at the starter, then I'll try again and works fine, tightened up all connections at the battery and it's seems fine now but red car with key symbol is flashing on dash when vehicle is off, never noticed that before and my front wheels seem like abs is malfunctioning sometimes..seemed like one side but today whole front end vibrated , have to pull over and come to complete stop and then it's fine
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: Yes on battery couple years ago at most
JA: Are you fixing your Titan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: That's it Just tightened
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 12 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The red symbol is normal to alert anyone that is thinking of breaking into your model that it has an alarm.MOst new models now have this and it should have flashed before in the past when the key is off and removed and doors closed.This is to scare off anyone trying to steal the vehicle.

It sounds like you corrected the ping issue/no start issue.Battery cables that are loose or corroded will cause this fault here.

With the abs issue you have described here this sounds like a fault with one or both front wheel speed sensors sending incorrect speed signals.I have seen wheel speed sensors fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.If you have not had the anti lock brake codes checked this should be done with a compatible scan tool.If no codes are set then the vehicle needs driven with a scan tool connected to monitor the wheel speed sensor signals to locate any that are sending incorrect signals compared to the rest and these are the sensors that would need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete