My old nissan d22 went to the mechanic for a new starter

Customer Question

hi my old nissan d22 went to the mechanic for a new starter motor. whaen it came back it now dosent start and each turn of the key makes all the electrics cut out. if you roll start it it will run then it will do a full electrical cut out and stall all lights od dash and head lamps fail at tyhe same time as motor cuts out.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: some one said it could be a long fuse which is supposed to be in the lead on battery
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: the model is a d 22 ute and the year is 99
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: am trying to fault find myself as my mechanic keeps giving it back broken.this is the second time he has done the starter in six weeks last time he didnt put bolts in properly and it literally fell out while driving.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: did i say something wrong. any the power spike thing on terminal lead looks a little black could that be it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats about it
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 22 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is most likely due to a poor connection at the starter or battery that is causing that.

How handy are you? I have something fairly simply you can try.