Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

I have a 2014 Pathfinder LE where the ambient air temp is

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Pathfinder LE where the ambient air temp is reading 80 degrees below what it should read, it blows hot air except when automatic temp control is set on 60. Vehicle comes up with codes B257C and B2631
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Coolant is full, I have not noticed any leaks
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We are a shop, we have not tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

most possible causes

for B257C

1- Ambient sensor

2- a/c auto amp

3- harness & connector ambient sensor circuit is open or short in the circuit)

check connector you should have 5 v and a ground on both of these sensor connectors

follow steps to trouble shoot ,

B257B, B257C AMBIENT SENSOR DTC Logic DTC DETECTION LOGIC NOTE: - If DTC is displayed along with DTC U1000, first perform the trouble diagnosis for DTC U1000. Refer to "DTC Logic" See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > U Code Charts > Climate Control. - If DTC is displayed along with DTC U1010, first perform the trouble diagnosis for DTC U1010. "DTC Logic" See: A L L Diagnostic Trouble Codes ( DTC ) > U Code Charts > Climate Control.

1. CHECK AMBIENT SENSOR 1.Turn ignition switch OFF. 2.Disconnect ambient sensor connector. 3.Check resistance between ambient sensor terminals.

Is the inspection result normal? YES- Inspection End. NO- Replace ambient sensor. Refer to "Removal and Installation" S

B2630, B2631 SUNLOAD SENSOR

Most possible cause

for DTC B2631

1- sunload sensor

2-a/c auto amp

3-harness & connector (sunload sensor circuit is open or there is a short in the circuit)

4. CHECK CONTINUITY BETWEEN SUNLOAD SENSOR AND A/C AUTO AMP. 1.Turn ignition switch OFF. 2.Disconnect A/C auto amp. connector. 3.Check continuity between sunload sensor harness connector M101 terminal 1 and A/C auto amp. harness connector M50 terminal 9.

4.Check continuity between sunload sensor harness connector M101 terminal 1 and ground.

Is the inspection result normal? YES- Replace A/C auto amp. Refer to "Removal and Installation" See: Control Module HVAC > Removal and Replacement > Removal and Installation. NO- Repair harness or connector.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Apreciatted

Thank You
Chad Farhat
ASE Certfied Technician