Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Iown a 2001 pathfinder I have had my brakes done like maybe

Customer Question

Iown a 2001 pathfinder I have had my brakes done like maybe 3 or 4 months ago andwoke this morning with my brake light on. I checked fluids and they are ok and petal is the same its always been. After some time trough the day the battery light has come on and twords the end of the day the air bag light is now blinking. Im totally lost
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No seat belts are fine
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The last thing I have fixed or replaced is the brakes and a starter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this moment
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This issue is due to a bad Alternator. The alternator will turn on the Brake light on along with the battery light, and since battery voltage may be low or to high, it can trigger the Air Bag light. So I would have the Alternator checked. It should put out around 14.3 volts with no loads ( meaning AC off and Head lights off ) and no lower than 13.8 with loads ( Ac on, Head lights on, and rear defroster on )

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!