peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

2008 rogue has been making a noise for a few months on the

Customer Question

2008 rogue has been making a noise for a few months on the drivers side around the front wheel. Then backing out of the drive it was making a noise and hesitiating. Then driving forward it was making that same noise and hesatating. Then it stopped and would not move anymore. The engine was running but the wheels would not move. Wene parking the car it was sliding back so we used the emergncy brake to keep it in place.
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: yes the brakes have been replaced. But I did not check the fluid. I did check the transmission fluid whch was full and clear.
JA: Are you fixing your Rogue yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no not gonna fix it myself. taking it to a repair guy.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: will there be a charge for this information?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If it felt like the brake was engaging this is usually a common fault with the drivers front brake caliper hanging up needing replaced.I have seen the caliper act up like this here before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.If this has not been checked into/tested this needs done.

If the traction or skid lights came on at all with this issue this fault here can be caused by a fault with the drivers front wheel speed sensor sending an incorrect signal causing the brake to engage like this.I have seen this as well but most common is a fault with the brake caliper engaging on its own at the drivers front needing replaced or a possible issue with the drivers front wheel bearing failing needing replaced.

This will have to be checked into further to pinpoint the cause and from there repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete