Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

Whats up jay hope all is well. I have a 2008 Nissan maxima

Hey whats up jay hope all is well. I have a 2008 Nissan maxima and the issue here is that the battery was replaced on the key fob and now it doesn't work. the vehicle still starts with no problem.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

I am doing well, thank you.. Lets see if we can figure out what is going on with your Maxima. Do you know the key battery number you installed and do you know if you installed it the proper direction?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I will check later I'll be back at the carc around 6

ok.. I will talk to you around then.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
hey jay are you available ttomorrow& of yes when's a good time

I have a Event I will be attending tomorrow. But I will be online tomorrow evening.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
ok can you give me some tips. what battery should be in there. And if the battery is ok and installed correctly what would be the next step. I just want to be able to try something in the morning

If you have the old batteries and they worked, try sticking them back in and see if the remote starts to operate again if you have the correct battery number and it is installed the correct way.

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
No the battery is history. if that check out tomorrow is there anything else I could try

Lets just see tomorrow then

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
it has the correct battery & it's installed correctly also the battery read 2.8V

Try this and let me know what happens. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins, then reconnect it and let me know if the remotes start working..

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
ok will do first thing also I noticed the that the Intelligent part of the car doesn't work when I grabbed the door handle it doesn't unlock/ lock the doors also the knob doesn't turn either only start with the key inserted into the knob switch

Ok.. It was working before you changed the battery in the remote?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
that's what I was told

odd, Lets try the hard reset and see if it's just a computer glitch causing this.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
ok will do first thing

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
ok talk to you tomorrow

Ok.. Weekdays I am online after 7 pm EST till around 10 or 11 pm. So you know when I am online.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
ok got it

Talk to you then.