Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

2012 nissan altima. battery went dead on keyless start

Customer Question

2012 nissan altima. battery went dead on keyless start remote. daughter stuck metal key in ignition port most likely at a strange angle and I can not get the car to start or get the key to release. I have tried to depress the white release inside the port while grabbing the key with a needle nose pliers. I have tried pushing in, pulling, twisting, etc. I have taken two pictures, but I only way I can send them is by email or text.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
really disappointed. paid $30 and 1 hour later and nothing. First experience not so great so far.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
good night
Expert:  Clifton B. replied 2 months ago.

hi how are you my name is ***** ***** i can help you today sorry for the long wait but it was 2 am

it look at this point that you have damage the key and by trying to pull it out have also damage the key port the only way around this is to remove the port from the car open the port remove the key then reinstall the port and hope

the remote go into the port not the key this is the reason it is stuck