2001 Frontier abs system started to skip (pulsate) and had

Customer Question

2001 Frontier abs system started to skip (pulsate) and had hard time stopping the vehicle, but I have been driving carefully for awille
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Enable copy & paste Future
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Never happened before in 50 years with any vehicles. Now my 2001 Frontier, the breaks started to skip (pulsate) when trying to stop, and had hard time to bring it to stop but I have been driving cheerfully and using engine break by downshifting gradually. I’m retired and drive only a few miles a day if any for about tree months and symptoms have been aggravating gradually with noise and grindings. It started shortly after I hade it at the dealer for a speed sensor issue service, witch I don’t think are related. As I’m retired, mechanically inclined and the budget is quizzed I hope can fix it myself if I can get it diagnosed. Any clue or suggestions are very much appreciated and thankful. Yours Adam.
JA: Are you fixing your Frontier yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I that's it
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 25 days ago.

It's likely you still have a speed sensor issue. Typically the only cause of a false ABS activation (the grinding, stuttering-usually around turns) is if the ABS control module is failing or there is a speed sensor telling the computer and ABS module to activate because of a faulty signal.

Do you plan to diagnose/repair this yourself?