Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I shorted out the wire go ingto my a/c clutch coil

Customer Question

i shorted out the wire go ingto my a/c clutch coil accidentally while replacing the coil. now I dont have power to the clutch coil and I replaced the blown 10A fuse u8nder the hood in fuse panel.
JA: How many miles are on the clutch? Has it been slipping or sticking?
Customer: the clutch i replaced was completely gone. the coil was burned up i replacedit with a good used one from junk yard that practicall had no wear signs on the cltuch plates
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 nissan altima 2.5L
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes sir i am
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: blown fuse to a/c andstill have no power to the coil after wards all fuses under hood and under dash fuse boxes are good, none blown
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  David Gieswein replied 23 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a Nissan tech. Can I help you?

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 23 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Sorry to hear about your problem. The 10 amp A/C fuse is just the trigger circuit it will also have a high amp fuse or fuse able link as they used to call it, to handle the heavier draw from the A/C clutch. If you have the original owners manual it should show where that high amp fuse is. check that and if bad replace it and should solve your issue. Hope this helps you solve your problem and if you need further help I'll be happy to do so.I will include a couple pics to help out. In the one pic is the A/c circuit and the high amp fuse I entioned to check I believe it's a 120 amp