Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

My 2006 Nissan Xterra is turning over but not starting and

Customer Question

My 2006 Nissan Xterra is turning over but not starting and running. I replaced the fuel pump and I hear it working when I turn the key however I am experiencing the same issue. I have not engine lights on. The only thing that I noticed prior to it no longer starting was that my gas gauge has stopped working about a month ago.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 25 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

how many miles is on the nissan?

how and when did this problem first begin?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
160k. I had just gotten about 10 gallons of gas came home and parked and now it will not start.
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 25 days ago. you have a spark on the plugs?

will it fire up with a prime?starting fluid or a little fuel into the throttle body?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Spark i am having trouble testing i do have a test light but having trouble seeing it. I tried starting fluid no luck
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I am by myself so testing to see if it has spark is a bit difficult

remove a spark plug and install it into the plug boot and let it lay on the engine,,turn the engine with the starter,,the plug should spark

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
it is getting spark
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
It was the ECM relay i swapped it for the fog light relay and fired right up. There is a recall on the relay i will be getting it replaced
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 24 days ago.

sorry i missed you.

yes,,there was a recall for the relay

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help