peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My car won't lock

Customer Question

My car won't lock
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is this occuring with the key fob/remote or with the electrical lock buttons inside the vehicle?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's showing me the lock sign on the dashboard

Is the vehicle starting and running at all?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is

Is it not locking with the remote or interior lock buttons?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's not...

O.k.,this model uses a control unit/ecu called a Smart Entrance control unit that monitors the lock and unlock signals and then activates the locks to lock and unlock.What usually can occur here is the smart entrance control unit itself can fail internally electronically and causes this issue here with the smart entrance control unit needing replaced.

Make sure fuses 5,26 and 28 are o.k. in your fuse panel as they power this control unit.If they are o.k. then you will want to have the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set related to this issue usually with the smart entrance control unit will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.Electrical testing as well is needed to test the signals from the smart entrance control unit to see if for sure it needs replaced which I suspect it will.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete