Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I'm have a 2011 Nissan Xterra and I got a check eng. light.

Customer Question

I'm have a 2011 Nissan Xterra and I got a check eng. light. tool it to auto zone and to o
Orallys got the same code reading P0182 Fuel Tank Temp. Sensor.....low voltage. So I went out and bought a fuel tank temp sensor. now my problem is I can find the location of it so I can change it. but I I researched it I found out that the MAP sensor is the same as the fuel tank temp sensor so I thought I would try to locate that and with no luck there either..... I think I might be chasing the a ghost.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

The fuel tank temp sensor is part of the fuel level sender. This is mounted in the fuel tank. So the fuel tank would need to be removed to replace the fuel tank temp sensor.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But the code P0182 reads .... low voltage so does thes mean that the sensor is bad? or could it be that its not getting the proper volts to make it operate correctly?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
does it get its voltage from the MAP Sensor.
Expert:  Jay replied 9 months ago.
This code the possible causes is either the sensor, or the harness. I don't see harness issues for this code. In any case, the sensor should be replace first regardless. Cause if you replace the sensor and still get the code. Then the harness would need to be checked. At the same time, please keep in mind when it comes to after market electrical parts. These cars do not like them. This car does not have a MAP sensor. It has a MAF sensor. Nissan does not use a Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor.