internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.

I have a 05 nissan titan. My front end was shaking when I

Customer Question

I have a 05 nissan titan . My front end was shaking when I applied the brakes.I thought it could be warped rotors . My brakes worked fine other words and my pedal was firm.After replacing my pads and rotors with the truck off the pedal felt good but as soon as I started the truck up for a test ride the pedal went to the floor and got spongy. The slip light also came on and stayed on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Nissan tech.

The reason why the brake is spongy is because there is trapped air in the brake line. You need to breed it out. It is a good opportunity to flush out the dirty brake fluid. The second possibility is the master cylinder has a small internal leak.

Try to breed the the brakes first. If the problem still persist then change out the master cylinder.

Please rate me positive, Thank you. Let me know if you have further questions.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok will try in morning I was very very careful and even tie wrapped the caliper up while I was working on recovering the piece to replace the rotor .I have no leaks and tried bleeding the front brakes allready.Could there still be air in system fluid never got low in master cylinder either.would the master cylinder go that fast

How did you bleed the brake? Did you do the method where someone sit inside and pumps the brake pedal?

I tried not to do it this way because the master cylinder shaft tend damaged the internal seals when you step on the brake pedal all the way to the floor. I would recommend drawing the air from the bleeder valve using a gravity pull.

Do you know how to do that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No how do you do that

First Get this hand pump. Then hook up the tube in the bleeder. Loosen the bleeder then give it several pump. You will see the bubble comes up to the little catch can. Then remove the pump and hange the catch can higher then the bleeder. You will see the air goes into the catch can by itself. Typically it takes about 15 minutes to get all the air out. Please rate me positive, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok ill give it a try