Had a minor collision with 2005 Altima 2.5. After collision,

Customer Question

Had a minor collision with 2005 Altima 2.5. After collision, car caught on fine. Seems to be a lot of burned Altimas. what is causing this?
JA: What is the model of your '05 Nissan?
Customer: Altima 2.5l
JA: Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The car is burned out hulk. Cannot be fixed
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Something about air filter housing, fresh intake air syemts and engine air filter, if a hot object enters said housing
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked the hoses for leaks?
Customer: Sorry, there is nothing left to check. All those items are burned and gone. I see yiou are Nissan Mechanic. You must know something about these Altimas catching fire. There are hundreds of complaints. I have checked and forusm on So i know firs are happening. But no one, especially Nissan, seems to be concerned about it.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

There was a recall on these to add a deflector that kept stuff from entering the intake. So obviously someone was concerned. Im not sure that has anything to do with why yours caught fire though. I would assume there is more to your question and I will stand by awaiting for the rest of it.