Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Check engine light on, catalytic converter.. bank one, Stays

Customer Question

check engine light on, catalytic converter.. bank one
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2011 Nissan Maxima SV
JA: Are you fixing your Maxima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, wanna buy the part and take it to be fixed. Don't know exactly which converter to buy. None for sell say either bank one or two. They only say front or rear
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to know which catalytic converter I need to purchase. What is the, or are the correct term(s) I need to find to purchase the correct "bank one" converter.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Here is an image to see what the bank one upstream converter looks like.

The OEM part is 208A29N00A for CA emissions and 208A29N90A for non CA emissions. Both are 576$. This s considered the rear converter. Rear means rear of the engine compartment, not rear of the exhaust system.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris