Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

I have a 2000 Nissan truck that would start and run about 10

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Nissan truck that would start and run about 10 minutes and then die? The mechanic said that it was getting raw gas? He said that it needed a catilic converter but that did notice help then he said that some wired we're burned and then he said it was the computer then he said that it needed a wiring harness now he says it is a sensor?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This is most commonly caused by a MAF sensor ( Mass Air Flow ). What I would suggest is to try getting a can of MAF sensor cleaner at your local auto part store and clean the heated element of the MAF sensor. See if that helps. If not, then the MAF sensor would need to be replaced. When it comes to electrical parts, you want to stick with the dealer. After Market electrical parts never work right in these cars.

Do you have any more questions on this?