Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 1994 Nissan sentra and I do not get a seat belt

Customer Question

hello I have a 1994 Nissan sentra and I do not get a seat belt light when I start the car or unclip the automatic seat belt shoulder straps or lap belt.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: cluster warning lights
JA: Are you fixing your Sentra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just started. I have the dash apart. The reason why I am concerned about this, is randomly at no specific time the warning buzzer behind the cluster goes off randomly, it usually beeps 4 times. with no warning lights
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I believe its the seat belt relay and I'm trying to locate it
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The car has automatic seat belts.
Expert:  Jay replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

1994 Nissan Sentra's have a life time warranty on seat belts. So this is most likely due to a bad seat belt buckle. This would be covered under the life time warranty. Just bring it to the dealer and they will take care of it for you. They will most likely have to order the part. So I would wait with the car, this way you can take the car back and when the part comes in they can install it for you.

Automatic seat belts or none automatic seat belts, they have a life time warranty!!

Do you have any more questions on this?