Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 99 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3 L when you are driving at

Customer Question

I have a 99 Nissan Pathfinder 3.3 L when you are driving at hwy speeds for long distances 30+ mi steady driving no stop and go the transmission acts as if it drops into N I let off the gas and it will go back into gear. I have taken it to a trans shop he charged me $1495. to change the soft clutches then I picked car up drove a short trip to New Symrna Bch and it did same thing I took it to him for. He then decided maybe the Valve body needed to be rebuilt so they had it for another week got it back and I drove to St Augustine and it did it again. Drove to Daytona then on the way back to Longwood it kept doing it over and over in succession. The transmission never acts up in city driving/stop and go only after going hwy speeds for long distances. Please I need help.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, have they checked the transmission fluid pressure solenoid? have they driven it and monitored the pressures with their scan tool?

checknig in to see how its going

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The Shop replaced the harness connector to tsp. solenoid, the solenoid itself and a temp. switch as well. Hoping this takes care of it. I won't get a chance to drive it fast and far enough until the weekend.

ok keep me updated

do you still need assistance?