Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

I have a 1998 pathfinder. It developed a miss. I replaced

Customer Question

I have a 1998 pathfinder. It developed a miss. I replaced spark wires, spark plugs rotor and distributor cap plus fuel filter. Still has a miss. It blew a inj fuse just before the engine stopped and I had to have it towed. When I replace the parts the car started tp miss. I am at a loss please advise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Do you know if it's missing on a specific cylinder or not? Like maybe a code? P0304 or something?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

These can be tricky to figure out. The computer doesn't know what cylinder has the problem.

I would first check for intake manifold gasket leaks. With the engine running, spray some carb cleaner along the intake. If there is a leak it will either run smoother or the idle speed will pick up.

If there isn't any change, then I would put a timing light on it to make sure it didn't jump time. If the timing belt jumped time it could cause this type of problem and misfire condition.

Finally, if all else fails or looks good, you could have a bad distributor. Sometimes on these you can see oil under the rotor and the cover below the rotor. This will indicate you need a distributor. I would check the mechanical timing first though. Distributor is a very common issue with these.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, I am unable to call at this time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry, what did you set the timing at when you replaced the distributor?

I don't see anything about what I told you to do listed in your original post, so what else have you tried?