Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

Lock my 2003 pathfinder with the fob and sometimes unlocks

Customer Question

Lock my 2003 pathfinder with the fob and sometimes unlocks on it own and when I open the door the alarm goes off
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: No I will try that . But it doesn't make any noise when it unlocks and the car is still armed
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing just my questions to u
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My radio has been acting funny no blown fuses but I remove and put the fuse back all works but ocassianaly radio still stays on til I remove the fuse?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 1 month ago.
Hey there thanks for the question.The door lock issue is likely not the FOB this time around to be honest. The only reason I say that is because the alarm goes off when open the door. This indicates the BCM is not actually seeing the unlock signal from the fob otherwise it would disarm.Most lock issues are simple by this one not so much because it could be the actuator itself or an issue at the key cylinder switch or something of that nature giving the unlock signal.