Yellow key is staying on. On my 2012 nissan altima. Car will

Customer Question

Yellow key is staying on. On my 2012 nissan altima. Car will not start. All the indicator lights id coming on but it want start.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No. I am a woman. Dont know a lot about cars. Some tools.
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Nissan Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Altima yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I change my car battery first. Because my postive post had broken. With a battery i had in my dead husband truck. Went to work that day. Come home set the alarm and went in the house. The next day got up to start my car and it would not start. The yellow key light was on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Change the battery end on the postive side because it had split. Also change the fuse link too. But i never bought a new battery. Because i dont know if its good or not. But my horn blows low. And when i get a boost it makes a low clicking sound.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

It sounds like you are having a security key issue. First, do you have a spare key you could try?

Next, how old are the batteries in the key fobs?