cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years

I have plugged in a sprint booster device into the backside

Customer Question

I have plugged in a sprint booster device into the backside of the gas pedal, now when I start the 2012 Nissan Frontier it goes into a very high idle, 4500 RPM, I unplugged the sprint booster and plugged back in the factory wiring and the idling is still very high. Is there a way to reset the idle back to normal?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 month ago.

do you have a scanner

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 month ago.

you can plug the device back in the idle need to be adjusted but you are going to have to use a scanner to go in and adjust the idle control module

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have a scanner so that would mean having it towed to a Nissan mechanic then?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 month ago.

unless you know someone with one then yes you would have to take it to a shop but it is a quick fix if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance